15 Minutes Prep
25 Minutes Cook
- 1 cup (198 grams) granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons (56 grams) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup Pennsylvania Dutch Pumpkin Spice Liqueur or milk
- 1 cup (227 grams) pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (120 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup (99 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
How to make it
For Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a muffin tin with 10 muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the sugar and room temperature butter until fully combined and fluffy. Add the Pennsylvania Dutch Pumpkin Spice Liqueur and pumpkin puree and beat until fully combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
For Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a medium bowl combine the room temperature cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Mix until fully combined.
- In a separate medium bowl whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Be sure not to over whip.
- Add about 1/4 of the whipped cream into the cream cheese and mix until completely combined. Add the rest of the whipped cream and gently fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- When the pumpkin spice cupcakes are cooled you can use a knife or a piping bag fitted with a piping tip to frost the cupcakes.