4 hours 5 minutes
15 Minutes Prep
50 Minutes Cook
3 Hours Cooling
4 Small Ramekins
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Pennsylvania Dutch Salted Caramel Cream
- superfine sugar as needed
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F. Place 4 small ramekins on a dish towel inside of a deep baking or roasting pan.
- In a small saucepan, stir together cream and sugar over a medium heat until very hot and sugar has dissolved.
- In a Medium bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together egg yolks, vanilla extract and salted caramel cream until combined.
- Slowly add 1/3 of the hot cream mixture, while whisking, into the egg mixture until incorporated. Stir in the rest of the hot cream mixture
- Pour the custard into the prepared ramekins and fill the baking pan with boiling hot water until it has reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. The custard will still be jiggly but no longer liquid.
- Cool on a wire rack until it comes room temperature, about 1 hour. Then cover refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle the top with 1 teaspoon of sugar. Shake off any excess sugar.
- Using a hand torch, melt the sugar until caramelized. May also be browned by placing under the broiled in the over. Serve and enjoy.